Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
These are the critical files changed by ISP x.x:
all sub *.sim files >> sub physics
all sub *.cfg files >> engine settings

most ship *.sim files >> ship physics
a few ship *.cfg files >> ship displacements/speeds rec. manual

Scene.dat file >> weather/waves effects
Sim.cfg >> wave effects

also a few changes to special abilities in UPC Data folder.
My OCD has kicked in! Not trying to be a pest here. Actually trying to figure out how the game files work.

The UPCLocalization and UPCUnitsData files are the culprits for me. When I install ISP without those files (but keeping the UPCCrewData file), I get the notes back. I have the special abilities crewman too (who seem to work, i.e. when the idle fuel guy is in the control room, his propeller is black and when he is in the engine room, it turns green - superficial testing admittedly!) ***(edit: upon further testing, that didn't work out. The idle guy becomes the dive guy and the battery guy becomes the morale guy - at least according to the text window when you hover your cursor.) *** Sub acceleration and turning are definitely modified from stock RFB. I haven't tested any of the ship physics, but assume they are unaffected by these files?

Does this make any sense? I'm still trying to figure out why I'm experiencing the loss of notes in the first place.

How do you dig in to .tsr / .upc files? (I know I've created .tsr files from using the Sh4MissionEditor.) And I've used Silent 3ditor to dig in to the .dat files, but have no idea how the UPCData files are created or modified. (I'm sure there is a modding guide somewhere that I'm not finding!!!)

ISP is awesome!

Last edited by pdiddy; 02-07-15 at 10:13 PM.
pdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote