Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 12-31-17, 11:08 AM   #5663
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

To continue the Capn's post.

I can announce a further 5 sea units that will also be available for the next release.

This ships will be release for general download, after the next version is released.

==========================================

#1 Landing craft Assualt

This a clone from the stock version, I have added a total of 4 x loadouts, with soldiers, jeep, oil drums & small crates.

Thanks must go to:

Jeff-Groves & CapnScurvy, for their help in fixing a stop - start issue I faced, and answering multiple questions regarding how load-outs work.

Jeff Groves again for info on dynamic Shadow removals in DATs, which reduces the DAT file sizes.

CapnScurvy again for the animated watchman and gun swap-over.

#2 NPT_Schnellboat

This model / mod was taken from Sergbuto's - SH3 mod PTBoats_mod.
I converted this with his permissions to work within FotrsU as the original unit was a clone of the NPT_Br and looked awful carrying the KM emblem.

# 3 Aden Maru
# 4 Ada Maru
# 5 Ansyu Maru

These units were created by "The Hitman" in 2010, and left as OBJ files.
Hitman gave the FotrsU team permission to use them in this mod.

I have spend months, learning how to use Wings & S3D and then imported them into a stock merchant and began to learn and kitbash them together...

I must thank VonDos also for his extensive work on the textures of all three ships and edits to the 3-D Models, and the creation of the three Sils.

To all the people above, that have given up their own free time to offer advice / answer questions, give permmsions, and also fix the above problems that were and still are beyond me.

I thank you all, this is what a community is all about.