View Single Post
Old 01-25-06, 01:05 PM   #20
U-49
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have been following SB Pro PE with much interest, but the latest two videos have left me unimpressed. The smoke and fire effects on disabled vehicles looks terribly basic and amateuristic. Then there are the Leo's popping their turrets one right after another, making it look an arcade action game. The external view on the T-80 in motion shows that there's absolutely no suspension movement whatsoever--the tank moves across the terrain like a stiff static model. T-72 Balkans on Fire even models this basic feature. Apparently it's still impossible to flip a tank in SB Pro PE, just as it was in SB1. Makes me wonder what else eSim Games has left out.

I could live without certain features in a budget title. However at $125.00 US, I expect basic features to me moddled correctly within a tank sim billed as a military tank training tool.

Luckily I watched these two latest videos just before pre-ordering. I'll now wait and see what the reviews have to say about the retail release. Unfortunately, we don't have enough good tank sims.