View Single Post
Old 03-06-12, 12:47 PM   #14
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
I got the dongle in the mail last Thursday , been playing the game every chance I got since then.
Sky, I have a gunnery score of 90, which I got in the Leo 2A5, in the T-72, which I naturally gravitated towards, I score in the mid-high 60s. working on my lead a little bit more. the Challenger and I perform well, but other than that I haven't touched the APC's really.

I have trouble with the M1A1 simply because the way the sight kicks when you lase. I can perform a lase and blaze pretty well because its difficult for me to track with that sight setup. I tend to bump and if you mix a faraway PC with a heat round and that PC is going as fast as it can, I rarely score a first shot hit.
Yes, the M1's sight behaves a bit weired to indicate that lead is added. I always wondered why they did it this way, it almopst provokes the gunner by reflex to move the gun to compensate although it is not necessary. It is very contra-intuitive.

If I recall correctly, the LAV also has some strangeness attached. When target is lased , the whole sight jumps upward and the crosshairs drop to the very bottom of the monitor, reducing your vision to the target significantly.

I never understood the reasoning behind these designs, both the M1 and LAV. But okay, I prefer the Leos and CVs anyway. There things are nicely straight and linear - point, lase, boom, next. That's how it should be, me thinks. Keep it simple, you egineers!