View Single Post
Old 01-20-11, 03:56 PM   #32
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
PS: Fader_Berg, how do you plan to model the pre-heating of the G7e torpedoes? The way that the player has to give a command and then the speed and range of the G7e increases over a specified time? Do you know how long the pre-heating took in real-life? And how the crew dealt with a situation in which the torpedo was only partially heated (i.e., exact torp. speed unknown)?
I don't have the answers right now. The three options are merely some ideas to look into. This is things I have come to think about when playing the game and thought would make SH3 a more dynamic game. I can't guarantee to fix any of them, but I sure want to give some of them a try.

Yes, the first thing I thought about was reducing speed and/or range. If there where crew in the torpedo compartment the performance would raise gradually to a maximum.
I don't got all facts though, so I would have to ask people here on this forum for help. What was the loss in performance? How many crew members where needed and how long did it take. Did it increase the risk for malfunction? E.t.c. e.t.c... If no one knows answer, maybe we can make something up.
On the other hand... Maybe the performance loss was so small and out of no game value, that it ain't worth to do anything about it. I don't know. I'll worry about that when/if the time comes.

Thank you

/FB