View Single Post
Old 12-07-12, 07:55 PM   #17
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Just popping in on my way to sleep. Wow this topic grew! Ok because I'm dead tired right now I'll just reply in a bit of a random order.

I am aware of the map and the orders there but my grief and headache was that the units didn't seem to care a lot about orders. Just one example about defense or stop: I ordered to take up defensive positions. The infantry went in the trenches and the 2 other tanks started a loony race to see who was the most unruly (I take it the scenario designer didn't include any hull down positions). So I had the infantry in the trenches up on the hill and the tank comrades scattered around. Ordered Do As I Do and the infantry started marching back to where they started as the tanks came up to join formation. Ended up telling everyone to Stop. A lunatic asylum... Everyone turned to face where I suspected the Germans to come from and waited for the counter attack.

Now the Germans came and as soon as they were spotted, my 2 other tanks raced off to greet them Does the word Stop mean something different entirely in the Red Army? 2 runaway tanks against 3 StuG's and 3 Pz III... Then my infantry figured hell why not join in so they too ran in to mingle...

No new types of units can fix this in my eyes. As far as I'm concerned: Unless this was fixed and fixed good, I'll say this game is a dodo. Dead and gone from my HDD and collection.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote