View Single Post
Old 10-11-07, 09:44 PM   #79
ASWnut101
Admiral

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Man, why is it that whenever I check back in here after a long break, I'm always greeted by some sort of bad news. Now, it's absolutally terrible news...

Truthfully, I cannot say I knew him very well. I remember seeing some of his posts when I first joined here, but I never really communicated with him. Later on (about last December), I began to wonder why he never checked in much. I did not think too hard on it, though.

I only wish I got to know him better. From what I can remember, he was a smart, nice guy. Now, I'll never get to know him...

It really dosen't hit you that much when you hear about a poor fellow who gets his life cut short by some senseless act. But when you realize that a person who you crossed paths with, be it silently or a full confrontation, is that man, then no matter what your relationship with him, just the fact that you acknowledged the man's presence, his simple existance, will bring a drop in your heart, a cold feeling in your gut, and distant thoughts that race through your head. It certainly did to me, and I'm sure it has to you.

Let it be known that the person who committed this will have his days numbered. He will never escape the fact that what he did can and did echo so far as to bring out an inner rage in someone, somewhere in this world, that will mark his day to have what he did to others happen to him.

Abraham, I may have not known you enought to even have talked to you, but the simple memory of you is now etched in my mind, never to be forgotten. At least now you are on an "eternal voyage" of peace, your mind now at rest, and that you are now in a better place than any of us are.

After hearing of this, I'm going buy a wreath. In two weeks, I should be heading out to deap-sea fish with my girlfriend. I'm going to bring it along, and before we leave for port at the end of the day, I'm going to lay the wreath in the water, in rememberance of you and what you loved.

I must go now, but I only hope that the members here will do something too, in a salute to you.

A very long salute, sir,
-ASWnut

ASWnut101 is offline   Reply With Quote