View Single Post
Old 10-23-11, 08:20 AM   #1023
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
One more bug report:

-The AM has (in the harbour loadout screen) 2 guns. However once I upgraded both to dual 14.5s only the aft gun appeared. I did not check what happens with the regular guns equipped, though.

-I do not know fer sure but I think there's something fishy about the sensors aboard the AM, in my last campaign a plane suddenly appeared VERY short to my sub and sank it. Neither Radar or Watch crew saw it before it dropped a bomb directly on the subs aft, destroying both the fuel tank and the batteries, leaving me in the middle of nowhere with no way to go. The AA did not fire at the plane either, very VERY odd.

The metalic look of the AM's model is very good, btw.

I gonna try the AM again later, atm I am taking a break from the IJN and joined the USN (playing the SUBRON campaign).

Ah, one more thing: I would recommend to leave the sensors and other stuff of the surface ships unaltered (by your mod) completely, simply because that would allow the user to apply other mods like the SAP, sonar fixes, NSM etc etc.

That way you also would have less work to do and could concentrate on the campaign and subs solely. Right now the surface ship changes of the mod block all attempts of fixing known (and already corrected) problems that other mods already fixed.

About the difficulty in the mod: It is too low. The enemy does not see my snorkel on the surface, does not react to my radar, the planes are usually no threat at all, the enemy does not see me at periscope depth even if the water clearly allows it etc etc.

I could easily come to almost 300,000 tons in my campaign w/o any problem. That is until the bug/plane thing above ^ happened.

Maybe you could use parts of the OM mod's campaign (if they give you permission of course) to improve things here?

The mod as is, is fun x2 even though it isn't complete yet, but it seriously needs an update and what is more important: It needs a clearer direction (like focusing on subs and leaving the ships alone or doing both, but not half-heartedly like now).

I hope this does not sound negative, it is meant as constructive criticism on a very good mod.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote