View Single Post
Old 10-23-18, 10:37 AM   #11069
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Another problem - for my taste - is the mantain-depth at high values (more than 170 mts, I think); I don´t want to pilot the boat as a flight sim with speed and manual dives planes. I´m the commander, and I don´t have to control de dive planes manually. The two sailors would to manage automatically the depth at any value; with silent running at 1 knot and more than 160 - 170 mts you should command the dive planes as an Stuka pilot, and, for me, it is not realistic. Some months ago I was pursued by 5 nasty destroyers and I could leave them and survive going depth (170 mts), 1 knot speed and manually managing the dive planes, the boat had a constant tendency to take more and more depth, and I had some damage (that didn´t help...). If it is possible, it could be with an addon mod, I like to have automatic control of dive planes at all dephts; manual is nice for practice, but in the middle of a cat and mouse game is annoying.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo
+1 i agree for the add on mod. It’s not easy at all to keep deep depth level while trying to escape depth charges. It’s already enough hard IMHO

While we are at future TWOS improvements, something is missing also i think.
When very bad sea, the in-bord camera should move a little more, not to say a lot more.
Of what i’ve Read, in real patrols testimonies, when sub was sailing surfaced in bad weather, it was really moving all over the place. Sailors were even sea sick!
They had to dive at least at 40m to take some rest...
Don’t know if it’s feasible but could be nice.
Only for 10 to 15 m/s maybe...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote