View Single Post
Old 03-22-19, 08:58 PM   #6
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
Default Oops.

Disregard some of the above. Been so long since I fiddled with manual targeting I was wrong in the main aspect - the TDC can NOT be eliminated from the equation. With auto targeting if you don't have a target near the crosshairs, the fish will go wherever the scope is pointed. To spread down the length of the target you can unlock with the L key then move the crosshairs slightly left and right, as long as the little pointer is still visible the torpedo will go to hit where the crosshairs are, if the pointer is not on it will go straight without adjusting to target speed and direction.

Manual targeting doesn't work like that, if the speed is set at zero you still have to have the stadimeter in the right side dial, and each time you move the scope you have to click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button each time you move the crosshairs. So to fire a down the throat spread at an oncoming destroyer with manual targeting (which I call "masochistic targeting") you have to;
1. Select the speed dial on the right hand multi function dial, set target speed to zero,
2. Select the stadimeter dial, aim the scope, click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button, fire one.
3. Move the scope left or right, go back to the stadimeter and click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button, fire two.
4. Move the scope right or left, go back to the stadimeter and click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button, fire three.

Repeat until insane.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote