View Single Post
Old 01-05-13, 11:07 PM   #28
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
Its definately possible, it just takes time like any good thing.
First, it's "definitely" (sorry, that's one of those little things that make my teeth hurt).

Second, it would require rewriting the code to take the new graphics, which would land the programmer in jail, or at least get him a heavy fine. So no, putting SH5's graphics into SH3 isn't going to happen.

As for rewriting the code, that's exactly what the SH5 team did, and they made it modable on top of it. Current mods have already come far toward getting similar gameplay, and the campaign and ships are hopefully just a matter of time.

Quote:
Couple that with the fact that SH5 is probably the last Sub Simulation that UBI will put out or that will be out for a while, and I feel that eventually, as each modder tinkers away more and more, SH5 will get better and better.
Put SH5 graphics into SH3? No. Give SH5 decent gameplay and a real campaign? Probably. Add ships to SH5? I hope so. It sure seems to be taking a long time though.

And no, I'm not knocking the modders over that. I'm just wondering how possible/feasible some things really are.