View Single Post
Old 03-06-13, 08:00 PM   #1724
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Cool enough. I just thought that if one is going to comment on someone's picture one should give an equal chance. Cell phones work.

Still, that is a cool shot and I envy you a little. I've taken lots of rides in lots of vehicles, but never a gyrocopter.
Well...let me tell you what you've missed....

You missed the "Motorcycle of the Air"....the Gyrocopter....

If you ever get a chance to go up in one...take it... As you can see, I'm a tall guy. I was slouching in that picture. I had to duck down to get behind that little windscreen. It was probably one of the top 3 things I've ever done. I loved it. I didn't have any instruments in the back seat but there was the stick and the throttle. I had fun. At one point, over the Mississippi River, I peeked over the pilot into the front seat to see the instruments. We were some 1500 feet over the river. It was AWESOME!!! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Hell...If you gave me a choice between the girl I like and flight...I'd go running to the aircraft smiling like a little kid in a candy store.... (After maybe sneaking a solution to the other choice when you aren't looking.... )

The Air Show is coming back to that airport this summer...I can't wait. Last time they had the Air Show here I got all the Blue Angels Autographs, but, I missed the A-10 Warthog flights they had going on. I got the A-10 Pilot's autograph though. This summer, there is supposedly going to be a B-25, TBM Avenger, and L-3 coming along with all the usual awesome flight stuff.

I actually was looking into Flight School earlier today. (EXPENSIVE!!!! And you thought car gas was bad...the cheapest fuel at my local airport is $5.34 a gallon. Plus the cost of training, insurance, the plane, space at the airport, etc...)There's a local college with a great Aviation program and I'm thinking that if the Air Force doesn't work for me I'll go to college and be a pilot. That, or the Army...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Actually, he's so pathetic that his hand snapped off when I tried to put a weapon in it
That why he's standing with his hands on his hips?

I always liked Spartan Armor. My favorite was the E.V.A Armor from Halo 3 and Halo Reach.