View Single Post
Old 02-28-17, 11:52 AM   #612
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonmull View Post
You couldn't have been more right. Especially your third sentence. I understand it now. I am currently going through cold turkey and it will get better. I haven't smoked in nearly 1 and a half years and over that time I've really only tortured myself, keeping myself in permanent withdrawal for a lot of the time. It's not a great route. Even though I have not smoked for that time it still feels like a hollow victory. I still have to defeat nicotine and unless I do, I'm sunk. I will, of course, but what a journey.

Thank you for trying to make me see the light and thank you for being another person who reinforces the fact that an addict's eyes are blinded. I know that now. You knew me then more than I knew me! I've accepted what I am now, a drug addict. I've demonstrated it quite effectively by changing the delivery method. This stops and it stays stopped. Thank you for trying to help me and remaining calm when I threw it back at you.

8 days off the nic, 1 year and 4 months off the fags. Good luck to all the other subsimmers ridding themselves.
Just spotted this. Sorry for the late reply.

Good for you man! Nicotine addiction is tough to beat but it can be beaten and you're proving it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote