Old 03-01-10, 02:12 PM   #27
alx100
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Méo View Post
I agree with you to some extend.

My theory is that a lot of people have way too much expectations for a game that has, on one hand, very complex demands, and on the other, can only hope to sell around 250 000 copies (or maybe a bit more) but never 9 000 000 copies like other console games (which might be less complex to create).

So, from what I've seen so far (played about 5 hours, could play more but my computer really needs an upgrade). SH5 has some issues, more importantly few things are missing (TDC, showing gyro angle, impossibility to know the depth under keel, etc).

Nevertheless, when I think about SH3 and SH4 vanilla (both games had a LOT of issues on release, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about), I'd say that SH5 is a step forward, not a HUGE step, but it seems to be a better (and is supposed to be particularly open to modding!).

I already know what some people will say: ''oh, if they would stop investing efforts in eye candy, they could succeed.'' Well I'd say that if they ignore eye candy, a lot of new potential customers could also ignore the game.

Just my 2 cents.
Just out of curiosity, what spec is your PC Meo? I'm pretty sure that i will be in the same boat as you, (excuse the pun).
alx100 is offline   Reply With Quote