View Single Post
Old 03-17-19, 04:48 PM   #4
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

I clicked on it and no issue.

I nearly had It!

Hunting off the east coast just east of Scapa Flow!

Torpedo boat comes out of the light fog and speed straight to me.

I only have 60 m depth so I take it. Weather is bad, 39 m/s wind.

He calls for reinforcements and two VW's show up. Pings everywhere!

I was doing good until a bad miscalculation runs me right under a charge!

Flooding, damaged optics, deck gun, hydrophone, ballast tanks, compressor! Men are injured but only slight.

Still had power, but I needed the damage control team to work... had to make noise, and keep the boat from slapping off the sea bed!

I was able to get the bosun to increase drills, and the emergency intervention comes in handy.

Chief is getting the flood under control, and he helps the damage control team personally.

We are at battle stations getting slammed on all sides with charges.

Overhead the torpedo boat is loud and fast, and slaps into one of the destroyers!

I'm able to slip away to the east, where it is deeper, and the loud sea and loud torpedo boat helps.

The pings get softer, and eventually stop after only 4 hours. No sound now. Peace.

Then comes that unnerving feeling that at some point we will have to surface. But with no working scope... we would have to chance breaking the surface.

The compressed air is low, the CO2 is high. It has to be soon... it is 5:20am.

Repairs are still underway, but progressing.

I make the decision to come up decks awash... nothing! The sea is rigid and cold. The air sweet. The sun is starting to rise. I empty the tanks and bring up.

Full ahead! We are headed home with 16,000 GRT. Uncle Karl will have to be satisfied.

U-55 will hunt again!

Last edited by bstanko6; 03-18-19 at 02:37 AM.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote