Old 04-26-12, 08:57 PM   #1610
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Danke!

Now a question for you modder types and console command afficionados... was discussing multiple followers with someone at the Bethesda forums (we both use a mod for that) and he mentioned wanting to include Marcurio in entourage. I cautioned against it because M. likes to use Chain Lightning A LOT which IME inevitably ricochets onto any allies in the area and either kills them (has happened a lot to stray dogs) or causes them to go aggro on him.

For that reason if I hire him I almost always have him wait somewhere out of the area if I am doing anything that assigns me a temporary additional follower, or stuff like the CW quests where I have a bunch of friendly soldiers fighting alongside me.

Anyway the other person mentioned that he would just remove Chain Lightning from Marcurio's spell repertoire and replace it with something less problematic. I asked how he was going to do that but so far he hasn't replied.

So I'm asking here, is there a way through console commands that you can open up an NPC's "skillset" and remove something from it, like a particular spell, and then add something else to it instead? Or can you create a plugin for that sort of thing fairly easily in the CK? I don't even care about adding another spell to replace Chain Lightning, really, but if I could make him stop using it that would be awesome.

Edit: okay I did find console commands for adding and removing spells, now I'm wondering... will that be saved in my saved games or will I have to do it every time I go in to play? Hmmmm and I can't tell from the description if the commands can be used for NPCs, or just for the player.
Hmm, AFAIK any console commands are mostly geared towards the player. I remember in Oblivion you had to write " xxxx PC xxxx". Now, perhaps if you replace PC with M.'s ID it'd work but IMO it would only be during your session. It probably won't carry over through saves.

Otherwise, try going into the games files and finding Ms. skillset and delete that spell from his repertoir. However, that will delete it from him forever (or at least until you mod it back).