View Single Post
Old 08-23-16, 10:54 AM   #1506
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Say, I have another question about AI (very "artificial")... during my last encounter, I did manage to get off all 10 tubes to various points on the compass as I dove, and managed like 6 out of 10 hits - couldn't hardly miss at such close range. Definitely too close of a range, and I had four of 6 as "duds", but that's to be expected being in so close. However, if I'm a DD skipper, and I've got two fish that have punched holes in my side, I don't think I'd hang around and participate in the "hunt", especially with quite so much relish and vigor, worrying that I might accidentally detonate the explosive devices in the hull below the water line. I know the one DD had two of them in him, and least one on the others had one too, just don't know if it was a DD or a DE. One of the others had one in it, but it went down anyway because of a detonation in his mid-ship section... I have no idea how many, if any, others went with me, since I 'died' too quickly... - but I do know that the one with two duds stuck in his side participated in the depth charging, 'cause I watched his sonar trail from the chart screen. Didn't seem to be any worry in the world for him... Looked like a wagon wheel on top of me. - but only for about 15-20 minutes... my how time flies when you're having fun

I think the thing we have to remember is SH4 is a simulation and not real life. No Japanese DD with two torpedoes in it will do anything but sink in real life. In SH4 they keep coming after you because that's what they're programed to do. Just like that Aussie freighter in the screenshots I posted earlier. It was traveling backwards and firing at the two Japanese merchants, that wouldn't be happing in real life. SH4 is a game, sometimes I forget that.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 08-23-16 at 11:19 AM.
cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote