View Single Post
Old 08-23-16, 10:48 AM   #1505
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
(btw, most of my "reports" are very tongue-in-cheek [tic], with a smile on my face)
So my feelings of there being just a 'wee pinch too many' ASW groups beyond the perimeter of a harbor are not off-base? - I'm trying to figure out where the excess is coming from, and why I'm not encountering very many merchants comparatively. I haven't had a chance to try without the AI 1-5 settings yet, because I thought I'd see what kind of mission I got when I got to Area 6, so max-peck's changes could be documented by my first try... not to be, I just came from getting sunk by another ASW group, with 2 dd, 2 de and 3 or 4 patrol craft... Too many to count. I was surrounded before I knew what I'd encountered. Almost like I'd wandered in between 2 or 3 ASW groups... Either that, or it was the leading edge of a HUGE invasion fleet enroute to Rabaul, but I didn't stay alive long enough to see it... - btw, the weather seems to have been stuck on a medium fog, visibility at about 1500-1800 yards, which is how I got caught. For some reason, no sonar contacts until they were practically on top of me, almost like everyone was sitting around waiting on me to wander into their alley...

I gotta run to the hardware store and won't be able to do much of anything until I take a break from "work" in about an hour or so...
If you go in and look at the Campaign files there are separate files called Jap Hunter Killer. I think there are separate files for each year of the war.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote