View Single Post
Old 03-03-10, 08:37 AM   #1712
punisher2010
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Can't say that I agree. I recognize it's unfair against people who don't have a (stable) connection, and that I certainly don't agree with.

However, it does not affect me personally, so there's really no reason, apart from taking a stance against it, to not buy it.

You don't have to agree with something to be a part of it.

Yes, I'm playing SH5, but at the same time I'm taking every oppurtunity I have to tell Ubi I don't agree with OSP... apart from not buying a game, I'll give you that.

Seriously, there are more ways to reason with someone than withholding food. (which in this case doesn't even work, they've got money to spare. At best it will lead to cancelation of SH)
The problem with this method is that the ONLY way to make a difference is to speak with your wallet.....
By telling Ubi you don't like the DRM and buying it anyway, you are saying, "well, I don't like it, but I'll buy it/put up with it anyway" This will lead them to say, ok, it's not popular, but people buy it anyway.. Let's keep going...

Also, the "it doesn't affect me" thing is wrong in so many ways.... If you don't want to support the people who it does affect, that's fine, but this kind of attitude will eventually come back to bite you when, by the time it does affect you, there may not be anyone left to help you.....