View Single Post
Old 01-02-11, 10:00 PM   #796
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
If you're using the 4gb patch you need an unmodified virgin sh3.exe file (with only the supermod added). If it has any other patches/mods that have changed it the mod won't work.
I don't use the 4GB patch. No need. Mods I use are in my signature - just GWX 3.0, with the following GWX mods enabled via JSGME:

GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins

I don't see how any of those would have anything to do with my sh3.exe. As far as I know, GWX doesn't modify the sh3.exe file in any way. I know I didn't even download GWX until a couple of days after SH3 finished downloading from Steam anyway.

Quote:
What's your machine's specs?
In my signature.

Quote:
Since many people have the problem I did (a 4gb patched sh3.exe file and no backup of the original file) would it be helpful if I could post it on my MF/FS site? Since it's only 1 file that in itself is otherwise useless I don't think there would be any legal issues. I would have used this mod a lot sooner if I didn't have to create a new installation just to get a virgin sh3.exe file that this mod needs.
That could be helpful, yes. Like you say, one can't do anything with just the .exe anyway.