Old 01-30-10, 01:21 PM   #194
SteveG75
Swabbie

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH View Post
THX FOR THE GREAT MOD.
I just did my first patrol in RF2 and had a problem with some kind of strange haze(purple haze?).I could not lock on ships till almost running them over.
Could spot their shadow from about 800 meter and lock on them from about 400-300.Destroyer passed me by 100 meters and did not see my boat (deck awash)
Weather report said it was clear and good visibility-no clouds rain and big moon.
It was first mission at the beginning of the war- north of Luzon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH View Post
I dont know what variable is that but i used scene.dat file from OMEGU mod and it works much better now.
I still have fog but its bit less dance and i can lock on targets to get measurements at distances that match visibility.
Same problem here. Good visibilty is definitely not good. Where do I find this OMEGU mod so I can swap the scene.dat file? Edit: Found it.

Additional problem. GATO class sub circa May 1942. 20mm AA gun view point is outside conning tower when trying to point to sides of boat.

Edit: Found the solution to the AA camera view clipping.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...os#post1110674
Quote:
The camera on the 20mm and 20mm double is too far back and it comes out of the tub on the Early war Gato tower. I am not sure exactly which tower it was, but the sides were not cut down.
So when he uses the AA all he can see when he turns the gun is the outside of the tower. I looked at it and by changing the EditObjPos from -0.079 to -0.069 it worked fine. Just wanted to save you some time and explain what his problem was. I did not look at the other AA guns or other subs, only the one he asked me about.
Can we get that fixed in the next patch?

Last edited by SteveG75; 01-30-10 at 02:11 PM.
SteveG75 is offline   Reply With Quote