View Single Post
Old 09-17-18, 05:49 PM   #180
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0
Default Batch translation app

Hi all,

I'm back after several years of silent running, because this mod really raised my interest. Here is one piece of info that could speed up translation, hopefully. I didn't verify it myself, but it's worth a try.

There is a small app that does batch translations of documents, called Document Translator by MS. Here is the link to its description: https://blogs.microsoft.com/firehose...barriers-fast/ It needs dotnet 4.6.1 installed. Using it, you could translate in one go all the 1300+ .tsr files that contain Russian text, if you rename them into .doc files.

The problem is that, in order to use the app, you need to create a Microsoft Azure account, which in turn asks for a credit card number. What kept me from trying, is that - although the developer says you can use the Translator for free and won't charge the card - I am reluctant to entrust them this piece of info. So if anyone is willing to try...

And btw, congratulations to all those involved in bringing new breath to this unjustly disregarded gem that is SH4. Keep up the good work
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote