Old 02-20-18, 05:20 PM   #12
ExFishermanBob
Difficulties Numbing

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Frankly, does it even matter?
Why would I know where the states in the US are? Why is that important to me? Why would an American need to know all European countries? Does any of you know where all African or Asian countries are (I certainly don't)? I think it's important to have a general idea of where things are but that's it. If I know that Albania is in the Balkans that's good enough for me because I know it's general direction. When someone asks for Oklahoma...well then I know it's part of the US but where exactly in it I don't know (well I could find it as I know by chance that it's shaped like a frying pan...but that's cheating).

If someone knows that Germany is in central Europe that's good enough for me.
Absolutely. I get totally fed up with quizzes where the questions suddenly involve US states or capitols of same - why? Nobody asks about, say, Scottish Regions or Pacific Island states. Grrr. Also, I always think that 'look, those statesiders are so stupid because...' (add as applicable) most unpleasant.
(FX: old man gets grumpy).

Also, I suspect that like a lot of the European answers, there is a lot of deliberate humour happening with the labelling.

Although I was pissed off with the number of people who labelled all of the UK / GB as 'England'.

Last edited by ExFishermanBob; 02-20-18 at 05:22 PM. Reason: added...also
ExFishermanBob is offline   Reply With Quote