View Single Post
Old 01-25-16, 09:07 PM   #34
wireman
Sparky

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
One more time: This thread is for people having problems getting SH4 to run on Windows 10. There are now two threads in the PC Software forum on the OS itself. Please stay on topic.
I have been away a long time so windows 10 and SH4 were new and might as well have been new to me. I installed SH4 and tried to run it with no success.

"Carp," I said to myself.

"I'll go to SUBSIM, those guys know everything," said I.

"Good idea," me replied.

Well...long story short, nothing helped. I probably got glossy eyed and went right by the answer. I then searched on the tubes...a lot of alchemy, but no straw to gold.

Out of frustration, I set the computer display to 1028x768 and ran SH4. It worked. I then set the in game graphics to 1920x1080 and it continued running. Huzzah. I exited the game and reset the computer display to 1920x1080 and restarted the game. It worked again. And again, and again...

I copied the game and renamed copy for future supermod and tried to run it with no joy. Carp. Then I did the same as the above paragraph and it worked like a charm.

If someone else figured this out and posted; disregard this post. If this helps someone else then my good deed is done and I don't have to drag some old lady across the street.
wireman is offline   Reply With Quote