View Single Post
Old 10-29-18, 12:17 PM   #14
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Actually, we can get into as much trouble providing mis-information or dis-information as we could by giving you the straight poop.

I try to reply to real world questions so I can at least get you into the ballpark but you have to understand how much of a risk that poses. All of us have old security clearances that won't fully expire until long after we're gone. Ask me something in 2094 and I should be able to answer it. Until then, sorry. I was born in 1961 so do the math, those old clearances are meant to have some teeth.

It also helps to understand how much hot water we can get into. Nevermind Levenworth, imagine what happens when "PENDING IRS INVESTIGATION ONGOING" is stamped at the top of your credit report in large letters.
Try to get a credit card or bank loan or job interview with something like that hanging over you.

The rest of you are cool but there's no way you're worth that kind of hassle.
Yep! There was at one point an official (if I remember right) press release that basically stated the capabilities of an SS(B)N to be the same as a WWII Fleet Boat, and that's what we were told we could say.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote