View Single Post
Old 10-17-18, 10:17 AM   #10
ragnar1242
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspot View Post
Really? Weird questions, and fishing for information?

I read, until approximately ten years ago, numerous, and I mean numerous, books, pamphlets, booklets, and articles on U.S. Naval ships -- surfaced and submerged. All were written and published by well respected people. I was, for a time, considered fairly well educated on the U.S. Navy's capabilities. The U.S. Air Force as well.

The fact that I don't have the time to do that research anymore means that I'm asking weird questions or fishing for information? Really?

Anyone whose been in the military, worked on government contracts, seen, heard and read the nearly innumerable aamounts of "publicly available information" knows that much of it is intentionally mis-represented. Forget my military stint. The time I spent as a DOD and DOS contractor during this century did more to convince me of such than all the disparities in published data.

The other fact that I am not a Submariner and am asking questions of those who are means that I am fishing, and asking weird questions? Really? That's like me accusing a Submariner of doing the same thing when asking me a question aabout contracting and or working OCONUS. If I think the question shouldn't bbe answered I tell the person that's a question I can't or won't answer. I certainly don't call them out -- unless, on a rare occasion, that person in question has intentionally mis-represented themselves, and usually on when done for their personal gain.

I am curious. As stated, in my experience, public data is often not accurate -- intentionally. That's why I asked of those who know. If You can't or don't want to answer then don't. But don't try calling me out. Especially when/if I question your response. That's your problem.

If I was looking for classified information, I certainly wouldn't be looking here.
You're asking for WAA and propulsor information on a public forum and wonder why some people get a little cautious? Even if its public info, most of us have signed insane amounts of page 13's telling us to shut up about it.

Do we know you personally? Probably not. We're taught to really not trust anyone so if that offends you, I apologize but that's just part of it.