View Single Post
Old 11-15-14, 01:16 PM   #1397
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144
Uploads: 0

INSTALL ISSUE
I just bought DW a couple days ago on Steam. Played it for awhile to get a feel for it, but today decided to jump into RA/DWX. I had installed a couple of small mods already; sound alterations, the helo dipping fix (OH! speaking of that one, is that incorporated into DWX already or do I need to install that?), and the MH-60 channels fix (which I see is incorporated into DWX)
So, I completely removed the game from my system and re-downloaded/installed it.
I followed the install instructions EXACTLY. The install went almost without a hitch. The one thing I noticed as text was flying by was an "error: file not found" .... Upon starting the game up, everything seemed fine. All the units were in there, etc etc. ... HOWEVER!! The intro movie had no sound, and I had no sound in 3D view either.

Now, here's the thing. I did a LOT of reading before installing, and also looked at the file structure of both DWX and LWAMI, and compared it to my Steam install file structure (incidentally, my game is installed at F:\SteamLibrary3\SteamApps\common\Dangerous Waters )
I noticed one odd thing, particularly when I was installing sound mods: I do not have a ..\Dangerous Waters\Audio\sfx folder. Instead, I have ..\Dangerous Waters\Audio\aggie
Weird, right?
So I tried simply putting the sfx.agg from the ..\Audio\sfx folder that DWX created into the ..\aggie folder ....... however, that did not work. So I figured THAT probably had something to do with the "file not found" error and decided to completely un-/re-install the game again.

THIS TIME, after I ran the game to set basic option (resolution, turn off cheats, etc) I changed the name of ..\Audio\aggie to ..\sfx and went ahead with the DWX installation again. After install, I changed the ..\sfx folder back to ..\aggie (I get missing sounds if I leave it as ..\sfx) ... OH! I also installed the DWX 138_Fix_01 ..
I saw no errors pop up this time. AND, upon going into the game, I now had sound in the 3D view. All good.
However, there is still no audio in the intro movie. I assume that audio is supposed to be there. .. Clearly, this is a very minor issue; but I thought I should report it.

One final question, regarding sound mods. I downloaded the DWCombinedSoundpackv1 from SubGuru's website. Are the changes made with this mod incorporated (or otherwise dealt with) in DWX? Reading thru the readme, I saw nothing about changes to sounds, so I'm assuming not. However, i'll wait on installing that until after I hear back here.

Anyhow, so far so good guys!! I just KNOW I'm gonna love this mod. Read thru the weapons manual and boy! there's some cool changes in there. That'll take some getting used to, but the increased play depth will, I'm sure, be worth it.
On top of that, I now have the USS Parche, SSN-683 available, for a certain mission that I've begun work on
Thanks so much for all your work

EDIT: OH!! One other question. .... Does DWX include the fix for the Straight of Malacca mission, or do I need to install that as well?

Last edited by artao; 11-15-14 at 02:29 PM.
artao is offline   Reply With Quote