View Single Post
Old 04-11-10, 03:50 PM   #19
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

If only SHCE had been so moddable as SH4, and with a real 3D environment I could pass on the dated graphics (Which were excellent for their time BTW) but watching the ships "jump" when the AOB changed was not very inmersive.

In my mind, AOTD and SH1 are equally good games; AOTD was better in the true 3D environment and SH1 in the amazing manual TDC with position keeper.

Quote:
I wish the Dev's had sunk a year into playing SHCE before making SH4 or had a team member that had - who had more input. Of course the folks at headquarters want a product so the Dev's did the best job they could and fortunately they made SH4 very easy to mod.
I think the main constraint the Devs had was time, and the need to make SH4 out from a german subs base. In all, SH4 ended up being little more than an "official" mod for the Pacific theatre to SH3, but nonwithstanding it is a reasobaly good sim because it can and has been modded into something much better. There are still rough edges, but many can be polished. It's just that we lack enough talented and dedicated modders