View Single Post
Old 10-07-12, 02:52 AM   #13
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
SHO

Greetings.

Well, I didnt know about the "read only" steps, maybe they resolved alot of guys problems, doesnt worked for me.

But removing those two mods, then loading:

Worked fine.

The game paused after the "Not so long ago...", in a way it -never- did, (only CTD, or the room flinges fluently after the text) so I presumed its another CTD, but then suddenly went on, and everything is fine.

Made a new savegame, and reenabled those mods.

By the way:

Until know, most of my CTD's (experimented with alot of mods, in not very lucky combinations) are solved by deinstallign all mods in jsgme, then load the game, (usually ctd's while loading) then reinstall in some different order, and voila, it works.

But in this particular case, your suggestion about those two mods worked just fine.

I have an idea why... Lying down the technological blabbing in a hour or two, but I have to go now.

Edit:

Well, both mods (especially the GWX, as the other is just 2 tga. My very favourite mod thou' ) enhance the damage of the environment. Therefore uses ram, or virtual ram.
I mean, If there was a large battle, (or an enormous monstrocity burn in 25 places, as the channel too shallow and he cant sink... Hehe, damn Revenge class in my last battle XD) suddenly there are a lots of effects to control. Maybe thats sometimes too mutch even for a better computer, to load it back in one piece.

Not to mention if theres some overlapping in coordinates, etc., which maybe isnt a problem, when slowly generates, step by step, and overwrite eachother, via the battle, but if you want to load it back, its too mutch. (and maybe something also conflicts- as far as I know Sh3 arent simply mirrores the piece of information from ram to savegame, as a database, nor it writes variables in a similar manner in one array, but uses a rather complicated mechanism. You can guess it by the way those weird things happen even in stock Sh3, when after a load everything shakes, old damages, and radio messages sound up, etc.
Seems like it loads "happened" things in a chronological order, step-by-step, as "events". Not in one piece. Many chance to a bug, especially with tons of sometimes conflicting mod. The way that it produces tons of files for one simple savegame, also reveals this questionable method.

Thats why it Usually helps for me, to disable large mods, load without ctd, save, and enable all again.
Or, If ctd still occurs, then unloading all mod, and trying to install in slightly different order- used to help.

Imagine, SH3's 7 years old VERY unoptimal (in data processing at least. as a mathematic-geometric-physics-calculation production, its remarkable) engine arent designed to load THAT mutch of beautidul 3d, effects, and scripts, which produced in a GWXv3 battle, with some graphical enhancement also.

Eeee... So I figured this out after tons of CTD's, and via digging up the career files.

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard

Last edited by Nobon; 10-07-12 at 05:39 AM.
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote