View Single Post
Old 11-02-17, 02:43 PM   #6
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Support

Here is an old thread regarding radio contact reports that may help. Also there is a link below for the plotting tools I use for plotting contact reports that can be put in the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder and enabled using JSGME and then found ingame in the User Charts, Real Navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
There doesn't seem to be a way of getting any warning regarding radio contact reports in the captains log. I normally keep my position (Lat and Long) in my head and then scroll though the contact reports to see if they are in the rough vicinity to me and which direction they are heading. Once you have a radio contact of interest, I use 1 degree plotting tool to plot the position of the convoy accurately and the Cardinal Directions chart to plot the exact heading and then the speed charts in the user charts to update the progress to calculate an intercept position. Depending on the convoy routes, most times the convoy appears exactly where it's supposed to be and sometimes not if they have changed course to their destination during the intercept. I have found that using the radio contact reports and predicting their positions is far more effective locating convoys than just doing automated search patterns in the patrol area. It's very satisfying doing an intercept that has you running 30 hours at flank speed and the convoy appears exactly where you predicted it to be.

Radio Intercepts Thread

SH5 Real Nav Tools

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote