View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 12:17 AM   #423
Buster_Dee
Watch

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

I think it's the best I've seen. I can't imagine how it is done. I spent a couple of hours just trying to figure out what I was looking at (and got about one thing sorted lol).

My first rabid chase was the large trunking that extends aft of the engines and fgoes up to the hull--intake or exhaust? I think the latter; the big valves/hand wheels are about where you'd want exhaust to exit the hull (I think that's the rudder linkage/drive shaft running near the port one--there's a section missing. It picks back up aft and ends up in the rear sleeping compartment). I'm guessing that the intake trunking is the flatish ducting that "starts" above and forward of the engines, contoured overhead. There's a large valve/hand wheel where the ducts join in the center. Parts of the ducting appear to be missing as they go aft and curve down, outboard of the engines, against the hull. Maybe there were filter cartridges there. I have no idea what the big valve between the engine telegraphs is. It looks to be another hull valve, but for what???

What really got my attention was the electric motor controls. The pair seem identical rather than mirrored, so you get the "whole picture" for either one.

I get way too wrapped up in these puzzles.

Last edited by Buster_Dee; 01-06-09 at 01:01 AM.
Buster_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote