Old 05-06-09, 11:15 AM   #8
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Oh cool!! here comes my favourite sub in DW

I guess those are for LWAMI 3.1, or will you release the model updates independenty?

Nice from you to make the Alrosa, I guess we can add it as playable in LWAMI as we already discussed some time ago (That one and the old 688 are just versions of already playable boats, so it should be OK with SCS)

As far as I know the Alrosa is of course quieter than a normal 877, probably like a 636, but is reportedly less manuverable at slow speeds. I guess that can be replicated well in the game?
Yes these will be for the next LWAMI.

The new Alrosa will be playable complete with its own acoustic signature and handeling characteristics (although I'm not sure if being less manuverable at low speed is possable just less manuverable at all speeds).

Am I correct in assuming that the Alrosa would also be slightly slower than a standard 877 class due to the pumpjet?

Also good news i sucessfully cut the tube doors in the mesh. I just need to add the tubes and tweek the shutter doors so they open properly. Then I'm going to remake the aft dive planes so they are more accurate based on some new photos I found via google.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote