View Single Post
Old 07-30-10, 01:39 PM   #25
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
To my mind it's not "higher realism" to have something in the book that wasn't there in real life.

As for the size discrepancy, the Liberty should be 135 meters long. The T3 should be 169 meters.
The length was there Steve. And the simple solution to determine the ship speed was to divide the ships length with how many seconds it took to pass the scope vertical line. Then round it and double that and you have the ships knots. As we don't have a calculator or any useful crew member on the sub to help with math, I put this chart in the manual. Only now I understand why the missing ships length in the manual was not fixed in patch 1.2. Just because is wrong. So they decided to ignore it.

The only solution I see now is to do again what I did with the stadimeter, put the whole merchie flotilla in a custom mission and read the correct values for every speed possible. I already did that with the ships at 5 knots, but when I did the test on my laptop I saw another bug.. the chronometer is lagging on slower systems. Instead of 54s/5K for a Ranger tanker taken on a good pc, I got 61 on the laptop. This is hopeless..
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote