View Single Post
Old 10-07-15, 06:48 PM   #2243
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Ney View Post
Roger Dodger, thanks for taking the time to give me a heads up. I'll carry-on.

Given what you said about no ships near by, is this the mod??? So, it's important to pay attention to messages and then try to get to where action is said to be??That makes sense. Yes, I mis-spoke, Jan 1, 1942 is what I meant. And no, I started a Pearl; last direction for patrol was to patrol between Japan and Luzon
Straights and that's what I have been doing.

Is there something else within game play that would tell me that the mod is operational??

Again, thanks for helping a noob. I found [I]Living Silent Hunter III 2015 Edition and like it a lot, but it takes around 20 mins. to load game and mission screen; then if you screw up you have to reload; just tries my patience.

anyways, happy hunting,

MN
Well, let's see 5138 air miles Honolulu to Manila @ 10 Kts = 513.8 Hours/24 = 21 DAYS to patrol area. Nope, you're gonna miss the invasion.

Starting from Manila in an S-Boat once, I missed the ship's movements, but managed to sink a couple of transports while they were anchored. Much fun! Beat feet outta there before they got their act together enough to figger out what happened. Re-fueled @ Manila during an air raid (shot down a couple of planes, too), and headed for Java.

About the only way to check if RSRD is really loaded is to look at the 'Single Missions' screen when you first load the game. The missions are really listed differently from the OC. Lack of targets when playing should tell you that it is working too. RSRD uses actual Japanese (and others) records to trace ship's movements, so its pretty accurate. The OC (Original Campaign - No Mods) generates vessels fairly close to you, so you should have no problems IF your playing the OC. V-E-R-Y unrealistic. Its a B-I-G ocean, and no RADAR early in the war is a definite disadvantage. What you SEE is what you get, around a 20 mile radius (on the surface). Your lookouts, this early in the war, are probably fairly inexperienced.

You should also use at least 512X Time Warp to 'try' to avoid boredom. Although when a plane is spotted on Air Search RADAR, the Time Warp drops to 1X, you may not have time to avoid being bombed. Always keep At Least one finger on the 'C' key when surfaced during daylight, and Time Warping.

FREE ADVICE: Try a new Campaign. Start Pre-War (That's in RSRD), Base Manila in an S-Boat! BTW, the Mark 10 Torpedoes are more reliable than the Mark 14s.

Good Hunting!
LtCdr Roger Dodger USCG(R)