View Single Post
Old 10-07-15, 01:05 PM   #2240
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Ney View Post
thanks, for the replies, I am beginning to understand some??

After, reading Fitz..& Dodger's comments I went back in and just loaded Tmov502 and Patch1. But when I launched game, it would not load to main screen(CTD). So, I loaded RSRDC_SH15_V550, and game launched and I started new career!! Seems to be working, but is real boring. Seen, heard NO ships with only a couple of planes passing. I have sailed from 1st deployment area down to Luzun Staights. I's now almost Jan 1,1940 and nothing.

I don't know if I am going to stay with this, unless someone can tell me things will pick up soon. Are there other mods compatible with these or a link that talks about compatible mods??

Again thanks guys,

MN
I'll assume you meant Jan 1, 1942 since the war (for us) didn't start until Dec 8, 1941. You also didn't mention where your home port is, so I'll also assume you're starting your first patrol from Manila since you mentioned the Luzon Straits.

The Author of RSRDC has re-worked the 'Campaign' layers to reflect ACTUAL ship movements, and a jolly good job he has done of this IMO. So . . . if you're not seeing any targets, there aren't any around and you're in the wrong place. Unlike the Unmodded OC, RSRDC doesn't just put targets in your way, you have to be where the targets are when they go sailing by. I couldn't even count how many patrols I have been on without firing a single torpedo, and that was the way it was in RL.

This early in the war, you don't have SURFACE RADAR, so what you SEE is what you get. CLUE: Stay on the surface, even in daylight as much as possible, even though that was STRICTLY against orders (Thou shalt run submerged between dawn and dusk). My own opinion of those orders is . . . If you start seeing planes overhead, that usually means military ships are around. Air Search RADAR will pick them up before they see you. CRASH DIVE whenever your RADAR picks up ANY plane. As soon as you go under (depth ~25 feet), make an immediate 90 degree turn and continue down to Test Depth before slowing down. IF the planes spot you, they WILL drop bombs on you. If you made that turn, they will be bombing where they 'think' you may be.

ANOTHER CLUE: (If you are starting in Manila) Start over on your campaign. The Japanese invaded the Philippines very quickly after Pearl Harbor, starting with taking out our planes at Clarke Field. Within a very few days, they landed troops at Lingayen Gulf (West side of Luzon, North of Manila - ya can't miss it). Your challenge is to get set up BEFORE the Troop Ships arrive, then take out as many as possible BEFORE they start landing troops (then try to get out alive ). You'll have to be quick - you only have a couple of days before they start the invasion. Even if you miss them coming in, there are lots of targets in Lingayen Gulf for the next couple of days. Careful - its not very deep in the Gulf.

Good Hunting!

LtCdr Roger Dodger USCG(R)