View Single Post
Old 03-17-17, 04:43 AM   #6
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Interesting....

Reading the (pseudo-translated by google) parts of the manual some more, i see that CCoM was based on LSH3 (i tought it was the other way arround), and the author of ccom sais he was inspired to make ccom because of bad performance issues with lsh3.

I must say that im on the same boat. I have allways liked LSH3, specially its visuals. The reasons i chose GWX as my "main mod" instead were:

1.- Performance issues. Not in the form of the game running slowly, but that it takes ages to load and crashes constantly, even if i follow the install instructions to the letter.

2.- It seems Far too easy, even compared to vanilla. In LSH3 it seems i have to deliverately go and ram an enemy ship to get detected. And once detected, loosing them is as easy as ordering silent run.

Im about to install CCom, and about the performance i hope its better than lsh3 (that was its purpuse right?), but about the difficulty level... well a quick look at AI_sensors.dat make me think this one will be almost as easy as lsh3 i mean, 210 depth meter limit for hydrophones??? cmon!

Anyone has experience with ccom? can you comment on its difficulty level compared to say vanilla or NYGM?

Last edited by Benzin1973; 03-17-17 at 04:53 AM.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote