View Single Post
Old 10-23-08, 03:26 PM   #9
Boats
Loader

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

"Dedicated, as in you can only play as a Tanksim guy."
I think you're saying no duel memberships with another tank clan. I agree.

But what I meant was dedicated to a German or Soviet tank unit? If we stay casual I guess it wouldn't matter as long as we had some markings that identified us (custom skins). I mean, if we are allowed the tank we want then target Identification would not be by sillouette alone. Dayglow T34 anyone?
Or we could decide to do both and switch back and forth as the situation dictates.

I was thinking that we could have both historical campaigns where we use realistic settings, but also a time where we just do the ultra casual thing. Anyone can partake of either or both.

I got ahead of myself. I should have asked, can we write our own online missions? If so we can have a historical coop campaign. This can be casual, mid-casual or tightly realistic. If this thing takes off then we might expect to see other units pop up and that might mean having to adapt to whomever we're playing. That is, if someone comes up with ladder matches like in IL2.

Or we could cooperate with another clan and write our own campaign. Roll of the dice sets the map up, like a board game.

Can the ingame comms divide the sides like team speak does?

I'm hoping my machine can handle this game as well. I noticed the requirements are the same across the board. Minimum and recommended. I have a hard time translating what the processor requirements are into duel core speak.
So we have half a name then... Tanksim something, or something Tanksim.

Edited, I posted this before I read Warhawk's post as I was apparrently writing it as he posted. We have one vote for T34's (Soviet side). German units were known to have used captured T34's. But I'm thinking if a lot of clans begin cropping up the majority of them will probably be German clans as German tanks are Kwell (did I get that right?). So if we dedicate ourselves to the Soviet side we most likely won't be at a loss to find a good game. That is if we go down the road of defining ourselves as one side or the other. Then again we could have both sides represented by Tanksim guys/gals as was the case with SH2 and Destroyer Commander.

Edited again. here's the link for Gogamer's page. They're saying the 31st.
http://www.gogamer.com/WWII-Battle-T...VVviewprod.htm

Last edited by Boats; 10-23-08 at 03:39 PM.
Boats is offline   Reply With Quote