View Single Post
Old 12-17-05, 08:05 AM   #4
Sniper_1
A-ganger

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

It was only a matter of time before this happened, so Dev's and Moderators take note!!! (joking )

Overall i was happy with SH3, it was a HUGE improvement over SH2. SH4 only needs in my opinion a few additional extra's to turn it into a real winner.

1. Other subs with AI, even though the US only used 'wolfpacks' in the last year or so fo the war, and even then the 'wolfpacks' were small, i'd like to be able to have other US subs attacking etc.

2. Improved resolution. By the time this baby is released, multi-core processors will be in mainstream PC's and graphic's cards will have advanced even further. Thats not to say that SH4 becomes a monster only able to run on the ultimate gaming machines, but that it 'moves with the times'.

3. Improved crew management. Rather than the method used in SH3, have a system of 'watch bills' which you assign crew members too. Also you can assign crew to their various combat/damage control stations aswell. By this i mean that CPO Kowolski stands bridge watch, and will man the diving planes of the boat when its submerged. Seaman 1st class O'Donahugh also stands bridge watch, but when the boat submerges he is assigned to a damage control party etc,etc,etc... You can still select individual crewmembers and 'drag and drop' them, just that this system removes much of the micro-management needed in SH3.

4. More compartments in the submarine. I'd like to be able to visit all the compartments in the sub, seeing what goes on. The crew in the compartments should be appropiate to what is going on i.e. at surface battle stations there will not be a load of sailors asleep in their bunks etc. This will tie in with the 'watch bill' sugestion made above, so if one of your officers is off duty, you will find him either in the officers mess or asleep in his bunk.

With these addditions i'd be happy with SH4. As a real treat, i'd like to see some sort of 'strategic' layer added to SH4, so that if you wanted you could play Admiral Lockwood and direct the overall submarine war (like what subwolves are attempting with SH3).

Sniper_1

George Washington