View Single Post
Old 02-09-15, 08:43 AM   #471
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589 View Post
Is it possible to increase the amount of info given in the orders to sink a particular ship, so the ship type is detailed along with the name? This would make submerged warfare more realistic, especially if you have to pick one target out of a battlegroup?
Good idea - should be easy to add, I'll put it on the list of things to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvr628 View Post
I volunteer for submarine duty to beta test your 3d sub game. I am longing for a submarine game until subnautica releases their first "real" submarine that you can walk around in.
It's nowhere near beta yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvn8907 View Post
I've got myself into a situation in the game, and I'm not sure if it's salvageable.
I'm also not sure the class of submarine, but it's the one with all the bunk beds in the center.

So, after a big battle south of Odessa, I destroyed the ships harassing me but not before being hit several times by ships and aircraft. Pretty much every room fore of the break room is full of water. The ship sunk to a depth of 120 meters before I abused fast travel a little and grounded it on the sea floor.
The reactor is fine, but the trouble is that the outside water is 1319 kPa, and now even at full power the bilge pumps don't move any liquid.

Is there any way out of this situation, or are the poor sailors doomed to stay under the sea until they starve?
Unfortunately there is no way to save them - as Tango said, the bilge pumps stop working deeper than ~100m so it's important to fix the breaches as soon as possible.

The 3D sim is progressing very nicely. The physics model for the submarine is steadily improving, placeholder art inside the sub is steadily being replaced with new 3D models, and I've found some excellent rendering tools for the water and sky. I'm really pleased with how it looks so far - here are a couple of WIP screenshots (completely unedited, click for larger versions):

TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote