View Single Post
Old 02-04-15, 06:05 PM   #469
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvn8907 View Post
I've got myself into a situation in the game, and I'm not sure if it's salvageable.
I'm also not sure the class of submarine, but it's the one with all the bunk beds in the center.

So, after a big battle south of Odessa, I destroyed the ships harassing me but not before being hit several times by ships and aircraft. Pretty much every room fore of the break room is full of water. The ship sunk to a depth of 120 meters before I abused fast travel a little and grounded it on the sea floor.
The reactor is fine, but the trouble is that the outside water is 1319 kPa, and now even at full power the bilge pumps don't move any liquid.

Is there any way out of this situation, or are the poor sailors doomed to stay under the sea until they starve?
It's my solemn duty to inform you that your crew have been lost at sea. May they rest in peace.

For what it's worth, the bilge pumps stop working below 100 meters, due to them not being powerful enough to overcome the outside water pressure. This makes any flooding a race against time to get the pumps running at full tilt, trying to keep your boat shallow, getting your most experienced welder kitted out with SCBA gear and welding like his bum depends on it!

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote