View Single Post
Old 04-13-14, 08:52 PM   #20
LCQ_SH
Lieutenant

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
You might want to look at my "High Realism Tutorial" I've had floating around for a while. I explain many of the concepts you'll need to learn like determining AoB; the function/use of the Position Keeper; how to plot a target on the Navigation Map using the realism option of "No map contacts update"; there's a handy "Speed Chart" and "Worksheet" too.

!
I just have one question? How to do a good estimation of speed? Several times are just guessing and if wrong, load a pre-attacking saved game.

I have read several posts, statimeter is not always a good, exact method in rough seas......and in addition the wrong in game mast height recorded in the recognition manual.

The most logic I have read is to use periscope cross, take time in how long does the ship takes to move from bow to stern and make simple maths but the problem is that "cleverly" US navy forgot to record the ships lengths, (not cool). Plotting? Well, how are you supposed to estimate speed by plotting without updated contacts on the map?

Thanks!
LCQ_SH is offline   Reply With Quote