View Single Post
Old 02-15-19, 11:19 PM   #9
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

I suppose we have a similar problem in Ore-gone with intel. They pay very little in property taxes (screwing the schools out of A LOT of money), but Ore-gone heavily taxes income, so they love the high paying tech jobs.

Any time the progressives threaten to take away intel's tax breaks, intel says "okay, we'll just take our toys and go elsewhere." .....and the county and state do whatever the smurf intel wants. Why not call intel's bluff? They have 4 RnD fabs here, they ain't going nowhere. It would be too expensive for them to move, I don't see why the state is such a chicken when it comes to dealing with them?

That's what happened in Eugene with Hynix. The city/county fought them at every turn, so they packed up their toys and left. Not good for the economy when the largest private employer leaves. ....and you should have heard the local media howl! Oh, who will we tax now? The golden goose is gone and as far as I know, the factory building is still empty.

God forbid the tech industry ever left this area, we would be the West Virginia of the Pacific.

Don't worry, we can lean on the pot industry.