View Single Post
Old 08-10-14, 06:35 AM   #11
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

This will be my last post regarding that issue as I don't want to sound like a little whiner or upset you (for which it is probably too late...).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoslas View Post
The "proper" Sceneries only can start of makes with ED release the EDGE engine SDKs to the 3rd parties, and take time to build them.

Many people has happy of realistic training plans (with the planed proper maps) and that planes has a very good starting point and training to the develop 3rd parties teams, to learn DCS: world develop issues and a steep to build more advanced airplanes (and vehicles and ships in the future).
OK, these are valid points which I accept.

Quote:
Nevada (NTTR Red Flag Training grounds) was a promise to the old A-10C beta backers and ED honour them, with the first EDGE based scenery.
As I said in my earlier post: A map with no proper use in any scenario except training. It's good that ED honors it's promises, that is something that is not a given anymore these days with most other companies but I still wonder why the promise was given in the first place to make a map which seems to be a very time consuming project that is only used for training (which could be done on any map in my opinion) while for example an Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan or Korea map (or just parts of those as the whole countries might be way too much work to be done with reasonable amounts of resources) could have been used for both training and realistic combat scenarios.

Quote:
And some details:
- Grumman F8F Bearcat (combat actions on Indochina and Vietnam war)
- HA-1112 Buchon (combat action on Spanish Protectorate / Western Sahara / IFNI war)
I wrote that they saw hardly any combat not that they didn't see combat at all.
There were just about 200 F8 in Indochina/Vietnam yes. But how many people do even know about that?

I would wager that hardly anybody outside Spain has ever heard of the conflicts the Buchon served in. I at least had not until I looked a bit deeper into the Buchon.
My point here is that I think it makes for better sales and scenarios to develop planes that served in bigger conflicts and that are widely known to people worldwide and not some aircraft that saw very limited action in places that are not of big interest to a world audience and can hardly be replicated with the map(s) we have.

But I guess I don't know the stuff better than you guys so just do your thing the way you think it's best. I'm looking forward to the new engine and maybe you will prove me wrong with tons of good stuff in the future (I would be happy about that as I think DCS is a gem that just needs a little bit of polishing to really shine).