View Single Post
Old 08-02-10, 10:52 PM   #9
Walruss
Soundman

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0
Default DWX totally unplayable :S

hey all, just dusted off my old disk images for DW (lucky I keep those things.... i have the box too, but the disks are long AWOL), thought I'd try out a mod, as I'd only played vanilla before. So i install, patch to 1.04, and download the DWX or RA mod (seems two names for the one mod). follow the install instructions, to the letter. Installed version 1.0 of the mod. downloaded the patch pack, copyed the replacement files. launched the game.

First thing I noticed: No sound. EVER. NEVER EVER. Great, I think, might be a fix somewhere.... still looking.

Second issue: Freezing. It seems every time in mission when you click on anything (be it the station menu or the raise/lower periscope switch) the game stops and THINKS for sometimes up to 15-20 seconds before doing anything.

My rig is a modern gaming pc. I'm running a stock 9800 GT graphics card on a GA-MA790xt-ud4p mobo alongside 4 gig of DDR3 ram and a phenom II clocked to 3.3 ghz. This should NOT be a slow game.

PS: Stock DW patched to 1.04 runs FINE, so it seems to be the mod that causes the issues here.

Walruss.

EDIT: I Dl'ed from Commanders Academy and Dive Center's file repository... is there p'raps a different location that I should have used?

EDIT EDIT: Issue is not soley RA mod, my apologies, it seems the 1.04 patch did it to me :S

Last edited by Walruss; 08-03-10 at 01:20 AM.
Walruss is offline   Reply With Quote