View Single Post
Old 06-19-19, 02:17 AM   #9
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop64 View Post
Despite what some here suggest, you absolutely can run RFB and RSRD together. In fact, it is recommended that if you use RFB that you include RSRD as they compliment each other nicely. I can't speak for OM since I've never used it, though it is said that OM and RSRD can be used together. Of the two, install the one you have a preference for second, just in case there are conflicts with identical filenames and you don't wish to erase stuff from the theater you want to operate.

Make sure you download and install the correct version of RSRD that is compatible with RFB (RSRDC_RFB_V575 and RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1). Also, use RFB v2.0 with the RFB patch already installed (100 RFB_2.0_with_Patch).

I've been playing with this combination for quite some time now. Never understood why some insist it doesn't work.

Another download you might want to consider including in the package is the New Harbors and Late War Traffic mod (New_Harbours_and_Late_War_Traffic_1.23). Install it only after you've already installed RFB and RSRD, as the latter is required for it to work. One of the things I like about this mod is that Fulton-class sub tenders are present at harbors where USN subs operate from. This is a nice touch and is lacking in the default version of the game.

Moreover, only install mods before you start a campaign or, if one is already started, only when you are in port and at your office.

Good luck.
Re-read the thread. No one is saying that RFB and RSRDC can't be run together, they are saying that you shouldn't run RFB+RSRDC+OM. Run only one supermod per install of the game if you wish to save some time and trouble later on.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote