View Single Post
Old 12-15-18, 07:22 AM   #8776
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
TBH Sky and despite having been a member of the Labour Party for 25 years (I left the day after Corbyn became leader) I'll never be a Tory supporter but Theresa May has earned my respect and admiration as the kind of leader one could rely on in a crisis, perhaps she modelled herself on Thatcher, who can say?

Her achilles heel IMHO is her failure to take on the advice of her advisors and tendancy to march into the eye of the storm despite alternative strategies being available.

It is now that the country should unite behind her because we are after all supposed to be a UNITED KINGDOM.

There is one thing I am steadfast about, if it is a no deal ending then not one penny of British taxpayers money should be handed over, in fact, the UK should demand a rebate towards the almost £200 billion debt we owed for many a year, the cost we paid to free Europe from some of their current allies.....a bit ironic really when you think about it.

Having said all that, I'm still optimistic some form of deal will be struck but Parliament will be the decider of the ultimate outcome.
I must disagree. As I said earlier in some post above, I doubt that any other PM could have eaccheved more inBrussel, so alteratie strategies for negotiatians imo would not have made any difference. I explained why. And I do not accuse May for having failed here, it was mission impossible for day one on. But she handed so many concessions over without getting anything in return, that one really must ask for which side she has worked: the UK, or the EU?. And then she agreed to a draft deal of which she should have known, if she had any sanity in her reasoning, that she would never, NEVER, get it through in this state and condition. She signed the deal with the EU - and this was one of her biggest mistakes, becasue this signature now is the prime alibi for the EU to not renegotiate a deal most favourable for itself where all critical issues were decided on behalf of interests and demands of the EU. It is a dictate of conditions, no mutual deal, and it makes quite some abuse of the UK's weakened position. May wasted precious time, and increased these vunerablities needlessly. I had another expectation of British politics and attitudes, but maybe I fell for some clichées there. The way May handed it all, to me looks very - German. Softy, plenty of wishy-washy, paying endlessly, and not daring to mount own threats, being led by a imperial demand for deiciding things by "consensus".

Dreamdancing it was for most of the time. And now it is wakeup time.

To celebrate her for these pityful results, like the author of that article does, is totally unrewarded. The neverending bombardment of criticism of her management and handling in my view is justified.

And as I also have said earlier, I absolutely question the honesty of her motives. And I meant that serious.

I also think that many members of the political caste will dpened their vote not so much on logic or reason or their assessment of what is best for the country, but their personal career interests. This seems to have already poisoned most of the process in the past 18 months.

May's plan:

.................................................. .................................................. ...................................."Sooner or later they break their legs..."