Old 11-30-16, 04:37 PM   #12
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Minger View Post
vdr81 there is a button in the middle of the dials for the TDC I believe it turns manual targeting on and off. Anyway I give up as no matter what I try and I've been doing the training missions, I just cannot get it right. I get the feeling that with the Wolves of Steel mod installed it is impossible to point and shoot using the weapons officer like you could in SH3 Grey Wolves. With SH3 once you had a lock, the periscope would follow the ship targeted then you simple clicked on the weapons officer and then clicked on the 3 boxes I believe they were acquire target, get solution, and fire also open and close torpedo doors. SH5 WoS needs something similar.

EDIT : Actually SH5 does have the weapons officer do the same thing as it does in SH3 but there is no periscope lock so it doesn't work.
With the "Manual Targeting" box checked in the Main UI, and then the "Manual targeting enforced" selected to "False" using the OFEV, you have the option of selecting either manual OR auto while ingame by selecting the option in the XO's dialogue box "Turn TDC On/Off". With the TDC turned "Off", you select the target using the spacebar. You still have to be in range for a viable shot before the XO dialogue changes to "Target is an unknown ship etc" which indicates that the target is locked and then you use the torpedo fire button to shoot. Make sure you have the tubes already open and flooded. You still have to set the speed, depth and detonator type for each torpedo you intend to fire. If visibility is bad or the waves high enough to to go over the periscope, you will lose the lock so when the target is visual again, relock it with the space bar before firing. You need to be at @3000 meters or less to guarantee a viable firing solution which can be frustrating but just keep tapping the spacebar and eventually the XO will get his solution so you can fire. Don't worry about trying to use the WEP's...or anyone else for that matter because the XO is the only one you use. Also leave the TDC button set to on (Red) while using auto targeting. With any version of TWoS, this method is guaranteed to work 100% and you can choose manual or auto targeting for each torpedo you fire during the same attack by selecting the TDC on or off.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the "red" button in the centre of the TDC dials is only selected to allow manual input of targeting data (speed, range, AOB etc) into the TDC. It must be selected back to ON, "red" before moving the periscope or firing a torpedo otherwise the TDC target settings will be invalid.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 12-03-16 at 02:18 AM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote