View Single Post
Old 06-29-15, 04:35 AM   #36
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosub1978 View Post
To be honest, I still try to figure out the logic behind the "MAXIMUM" Deflection Angle. I believe that you have already understand that this graph represents the values of your BROKEN TDC METHOD charts for 46knotters.
i see what you meant now Geosub,
i hadn't understand you and i thought that the point of the graphs was the optimum track angle. (the graph is marking as best track angle the angle that is giving the max deflection angle thats why i talked about the ''maximum'').

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
It isn't really a matter of it being the maximum deflection, per se, but rather the point where the slope is at a minimum. Since the curve is flat at that point, any inaccuracy in the target's course will produce only a slight error at the target. If you are shooting at a 20 kn. target, a Ta of 115° would be ideal (defection of 26°). An error of 5° would give an error of, perhaps ½° (going by the chart). If you want to make an attack with a smaller deflection angle, say for a Ta of 160° (deflection of 14°), it is certainly possible, but your estimate of the target's course better be good; an error of 5° in the Ta, will give an error of about 3½°, much greater than at a Ta of 115°.

To put it another way, as you get away from the optimum track angle, the deflection angle changes faster and faster, making a hit increasingly difficult.

hello TorpX ,

i see your point and i understand the logic of the graph,
thank you for your input

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote