View Single Post
Old 12-30-14, 03:49 PM   #1
Captain Vlad
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Dumb bombs and you

I just bought this game earlier this month and as an old Harpoon fan, I've naturally been doing cartwheels over it. But...I have a question.

In an attempt to play through one scenario where all my primary strike aircraft are equipped with unguided bombs, I simply could not figure out how to get them to drop the damn things.

I figured that I was flying in too low, as I'd made a high-speed run in at 500 feet and it was 2 a.m. and I forgot that, yeah, they would probably have to pop up for bomb delivery. That didn't dawn on me until after I'd already tried manual and auto attacks and had to make 3-4 runs on the target which was quite passive on the first multi-flight pass, but woke up very quickly when planes started apparently started making practice bombing runs over it.

Amusingly, one flight did strafe the hell out of a radar I'd allocated four planes to thinking it'd need multiple bombs...and completely destroyed it.

So the question is...anyone got any good guidelines for what altitude to drop your 1,000 pounders from?