View Single Post
Old 09-25-18, 05:38 PM   #1805
Gunnyhwy
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Default Father's Love

I am re-reading "Father's Love". They re-edited it and it is so much better now, the book was upgraded automatically on my Amazon-kindle.

This is a submariner story of the widower that wishes to rekindle the relationship with his only son. The son does not want to rekindle the relationship with his father. During the mother's burial ceremony, the father offers the son to join him for a test with an Air-Independent propulsion midget submarine.

Underway, the young man discovers his father's hidden agenda: Using the midget submarine to smuggle drugs in the United States, by taking advantage of a little-known vulnerability in the country's maritime security apparatus and making his son an unwitting accomplice.

A series of underwater pursuits ensue as they try to evade detection from the US Navy, ASW Helicopters, the US Coast Guards, the Navy Seals SDV and their trained dolphin through the underwater canyons of the San Diego approaches, punctuated by recall of childhood stories, families memories during which they try to understand and solve old family issues. It is an "in camera" situation with conflict within the conflict.

Can they outwit the government's most elite naval forces? Deliver the goods in time to impatient cartel gunmen? And if they survive, can the son accept his father's gift?...I won't tell you the end that comes as a total surprise, and I won't spoil it for you. Great read.

Last edited by Gunnyhwy; 09-25-18 at 05:54 PM.
Gunnyhwy is offline   Reply With Quote